CALL FOR DOCTORAL CONSORTIUM
The DIS 2017 Doctoral Consortium provides current doctoral candidates unique opportunities to present their projects to receive feedback from, and engage in exchanges with researchers and peers in design-related fields from around the world, in a stimulating, open, and safe environment.
DIS 2017 Doctoral Consortium
You must be enrolled in a design-related discipline as a doctoral candidate at the time of submitting your application and the event. You will get most value from attending if you are already in possession of a clear direction for your thesis and have not yet finished your research, but people at other stages may be considered. We are expecting to take up to 10 people.
- March 20, 2017: Doctoral Consortium applications due
- April 11, 2017: Doctoral Consortium author notifications
- April 18, 2017: All camera ready papers due
- May 8, 2017: Early Bird registration deadline
- June 10-11, 2017: Workshops and Doctoral Consortium
- June 12-14, 2017: Conference
Preparing and Submitting
Submit a single PDF document including the following, via the Precision Conference System
- A 2-page extended abstract of your PhD using SIGCHI Extended Abstracts Format. Please use extended abstract in US letter (not A4).
- A short CV (1 page)
- A list of three key readings that have influenced your PhD, with a short description for each reading (max 1 page)
- A brief statement of support from your PhD supervisor, which includes a statement of where you are in your PhD process.
- A commitment to do the requested preparation ahead of attending.
Submissions will be reviewed by the Doctoral Consortium Chairs. Participation in the Doctoral Consortium will be limited to candidates who have been accepted into the Consortium. You will be notified of the outcome by 03 April 2017.
Register for DIS 2017
Register for DIS 2017; the early-bird period ends 15 May 2017. Participation in the Doctoral Consortium is free of charge to the invited participants. If you are presenting and/or participating in any other part of DIS 2017, you will need to pay the student conference registration fee.
Doctoral Consortium Chairs
Edinburgh Napier University
University of California, Irvine
You can contact the chairs by sending an email to dc [AT] dis2017.org